Effective date: November 2020
The present website is owned and operated by Lead Career S.L. which is a private company, duly registered with the Trade Registry of Barcelona, Book 45832 Folio 48 S8 Page B500429 and entry I/A 1, with TAX ID B66969718 and with its registered office at Av. Litoral Mar 12-14, 5ª Pl.08005 Barcelona, Spain and contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hereinafter, referred to as, the/this/our “Website”, “we” or “the/our Company”.
These Terms and Conditions explain the conditions of access to the services offered on this Website, to which the User is automatically linked at the time of creating an account herein. By clicking the “Sign up” button, the User clearly states that he/she has read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Moreover, the confirmation of payment of a subscription plan to the services offered through this Website automatically confers the User the status of Customer. Hereinafter, referred to as “you”, “your”, “the Customer/s”, the “User/s”.
The Company reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions, in accordance with new legislative and/or jurisprudential requirements and/or business needs or interests, at any time and without prior notice to the User and/or Customer. The updated version of these Terms and Conditions will be effective immediately, as soon as they are published on this Website.
These Terms and Conditions are permanently available on the present Website so that you can consult them at all times.
For any doubts or questions related to these Terms and Conditions you can contact us through our Customer Service: email@example.com or through our Contact Form.
Description of Services
This Website offers its Users and/or Customers the following services:
- Access to specialized content, tooltips, and services in relation to the creation of professional documentation such as a resume, cover letters, and/or an electronic profile, etc.
- The ability to search for job offers and online courses that might be of their interest.
- 24/7 multilingual Customer Service which can be contacted by different means: firstname.lastname@example.org or through this Contact Form. For further information, check the “Customer Service” section of these Terms and Conditions.
Please note that the User and/or Customer is the sole owner and responsible party for the professional documents, personal data and/or private information that he/she creates, edits, incorporates, and/or stores on this Website. In this sense:
- The User and/or Customer is the only one responsible for guaranteeing the lawful, truthful, and updated, and complete personal data and private information included in the professional documents created and, where appropriate, shared to third parties.
- The access by third parties other than the User and/or Customer to the said information and/or documents will be carried out under the supervision and exclusive responsibility of the User and/or Customer, excluding the Company, its business partners and/or services providers from any liability in this regard.
In addition to the above, please be informed that under no circumstance does the Company review, control, edit, monitor the professional documentation created by the User and/or Customer in order to verify that the data provided is lawful, truthful, and updated, nor make profiles of Users and/or Customers based on the documents you have created or the job offers and / or online courses you have consulted.
Access to Services and Registration
You can access and navigate this Website as a User or as a Customer, provided that you are an adult according to the laws and regulations of your birth or country of residence.
The User can navigate and explore the content and professional documents offered by this Website free of charge.
Furthermore, the User can create a Document and share it publicly or privately via a link and/or obtain our guidebook, that contains numerous recommendations regarding how to create a successful resume. Although sharing the created Document is free, it is mandatory to first create an account on our Website.
If the User wants to download the Document created in a TXT or PDF format and/or consult job offers and/or online courses, the User will be requested to create his/her private account on this Website.
In the event that you provide us with a third party’s personal data and/or information, no matter if they are an adult or a minor, you guarantee to us that (i) you have informed the data subject about the purposes of processing his/her personal data and (ii) you have the data subject’s express consent to communicate us his/her personal data or the authorization of his/her parents or legal guardian to communicate his/her personal data to us, unless the data subject is a minor and you are his/her parent and/or legal guardian due to the common understanding that you can grant your consent to us to process the minor’s personal data by communicating it to us.
After creating his/her private account, the User will be able to download the professional document created as a TXT form for free, but if the Customer wants to consult job alerts or online courses or download a professional document created in PDF, he/she will have to choose and pay one of the subscription plans offered:
- 14 Days Basic
- 14 Days Unlimited
- Monthly Unlimited
Technical means for correcting errors
If when you preview and/or download a professional document that you have created, and you detect that the information completed and/or indicated is incorrect, incomplete or imprecise, from your user account you will be able to access the created document, select it and correct all the necessary information as many times as you see fit.
If for any reason you are unable to make the intended changes in the professional document you’ve created, please contact our Customer Service through any of its channels (email, chat, Contact form, etc).
Prices and Payments
The price and payment of the subscription plan to the services offered through this Website chosen by the User will be governed by the information detailed in this section.
The Company reserves the right to update the costs of the subscription plans indicated herein at any time according to its business goals, strategy and needs. The new costs will be effective immediately, as soon as they are published on this Website, without prior notice to Users and/or Customers. However, the updated costs are not retroactive and therefore will not affect Customers who have already purchased a subscription plan before the update.
As explained in the previous section, if the User decides to download the Document created in a PDF format, look for job alerts and/or online courses must: (i) create his/her private account on this Website and (ii) select a subscription plan to the services offered herein.
All the subscription plans have a cost of an “initial trial period fee” and a “membership fee”; the latter will be automatically applied unless the Customer cancels their subscription plan during the established cancellation periods:
- 14 Days Basic – Initial trial period for a fee of 0,95€. After 14 after the User has received the payment confirmation email, a monthly membership of 29,95€.
- 14 Days Unlimited – Initial trial period for a fee of 1,95€. After 14, after the User has received the payment confirmation email, a monthly membership of 29,95€.
- Monthly Unlimited -There is no initial period for a fee. It is an annual one-time payment of 95,40€ which will be automatically renewed every year if the User does not cancel the subscription plan in time. The User will receive a payment confirmation email.
If you are subscribed to an Amazon Prime Student Program check the following section of this Terms and Conditions as the costs of the subscription plans may be different from the ones indicated above.
Once the payment has been made, we will send you a payment confirmation email that explains the details and conditions of the subscription plan chosen and how to cancel it. In this regard, please be aware that if you want to avoid the “membership fee” being applied you must cancel your subscription plan before the “initial trial period” elapses. The “membership fee” will be automatically charged to the same payment method used to pay for the “initial trial period”.
When unsubscribing from subscription plans,Customers must contact our Customer Service team (via one of the means of contact noted at the end of these Terms and Conditions) or by accessing to his/her private account and selecting the corresponding option to cancel.
Please note that the debit/credit card used in the payment must be yours and you must be the legitimate holder of it. Therefore, the Company will not assume any responsibility in case you are not the holder or legitimate holder of the card since this circumstance is beyond our reasonable control. However, if necessary, the Company will provide appropriate cooperation to the Customer and/or law enforcement and/or judicial authorities, for the detection and/or investigation of fraudulent operation(s) linked to the debit/credit card used to make payment of the Services offered.
Credit cards may be subject to checks and authorizations by the issuing bank. If said entity does not authorize the intended payment, the Company will not provide the services and will not assume any type of responsibility for lack of provision of our Services.
As long as the User wishes to continue accessing our services, they must keep their payment information up to date. Otherwise, we reserve the right to cancel the User’s chosen plan and private account without prior notice, ceasing the services immediately. If your card has been blocked/declined/expired, we will be unable to process your payment and, therefore, our services will not be rendered. For any financial problems you might be experiencing, please contact your bank.
Additionally the transaction, depending on the origin of the User’s transactions, the payment method used and the origin of the payment method, may be subject to applicable fees for currency exchange or price differences, due to exchange commissions. The Company is not responsible for any commission for currency exchange or surcharges and will not give any compensation or refund for any surcharges imposed by your bank or card issuer. The only accepted payment methods are credit or debit card. Please note that if you have hired our services by using the Amazon Prime Student service, the only acceptable method of payment will be Amazon Pay. For further information regarding Amazon Prime Student service check the corresponding section.
Despite having the correct internal security protocols regarding fraudulent use of payment methods, in no case, can we assume responsibility for the User’s lack of security measures in connection with the custody of the Customer’s payment credit/debit card and security keys and/or passwords, since this circumstance is beyond our reasonable control. We will not be responsible for fraudulent use, although we will make our best efforts to avoid this situation from occurring.
Merchant of Record
Please be informed that our Merchant of Record is: Lead Career S.L., a private company with TAX ID number B66969718 with a registered office at Av. Litoral Mar 12-14, 5ª Pl.08005 Barcelona, Spain and contact email: email@example.com. Hereinafter referred to as “the Merchant of Record”.
The Merchant of Record will make and manage the collection of the total costs of the subscription plan selected by the Customer and, where appropriate, will approve and issue a refund.
Furthermore, the Merchant of Record will issue the invoice for the charges made, when required by the customer. The invoice request must be made to our Customer Service team. The customer expressly authorizes the Merchant of Record to send us the invoice in an electronic format, although you can also indicate to our Customer Service team if you wish to receive a paper invoice, in which case we will send it in this format to the postal address that you provide us with.
The Merchant of Record has put in place the maximum measures to ensure the reliability and security of communications and interactions between the Customer and this Website in a completely secure manner. In this regard, please note that the card data is transmitted directly through a secure connection to the information systems of our payment service providers. Therefore, we do not have access to or store your complete credit or debit card data.
The Cancellation of Subscription plans – Withdrawal Right
Each subscription plan offered has a different period of cancellation, as explained in the “Price and Payments” section of these Terms and Conditions.
The cancellation period starts on the date that the Customer receives the payment confirmation email of the subscription plan selected.
In order to avoid the automatic application of the “membership fees” of the subscription plan selected, the Customer should cancel his/her subscription before the cancellation period applicable of his /her plan elapses.
Cancellation requests after the cancellation period has expired only entails the deletion of the Customer’s private account in this Website and the blocking of the Customer’s file in our information systems to prevent new charges of the monthly “membership fees” of the subscription plan purchased by the Customer.
Customers may unsubscribe from their subscription plan by accessing his/her personal account and selecting the corresponding option or by contacting our Customer Service team (please consult the means of contact found at the end of these Terms and Conditions). In this regard, please be informed that our Customer Service department may require you to provide certain information in order to verify your identity as our Customer.
We reserve the right to decide, at our own discretion, if a refund to a Customer is made as an exception to the cancellation policy explained above. Said refund will be evaluated when a Customer requests it together with the cancellation of his/her subscription plan, and said request is made after the expiration of the cancellation period of the plan selected.
Please note, that if an exceptional refund is approved, the transfer will be made to the same method used to pay the subscription plan selected and a refund confirmation email will be sent to the Customer as soon as the refund has been issued.
If you need any further information about our cancellation policy, please contact our Customer Service team.
Exclusion of Responsibility
In accordance with the “Description of Services” section of this Terms and Conditions, the Company will not assume any responsibility for the following circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control:
- The Website will not be responsible for the updating, accuracy, veracity or legality of the information within any Documents stored by Users, nor for its use through the Website.
- The Company will not be held responsible over the quality, accuracy, reliability, sincerity, integrity or availability of the professional documentation created by the User and/or Customer and sent to the third parties employers, as it is beyond our reasonable control.
- The Website does not guarantee the quality or appropriateness of the uploaded, consulted or stored files that will, in any case, be the responsibility of the User, and the company shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages arising from non-attributable uses.
- For the veracity and validity of the job positions published by third parties employers that the Website is not involved in, as well as for any transactions or exchanges of information between employers and the User and/or Customer to complete job applications.
- The Website is not involved in transactions or exchanges of information between the companies that provide online courses or job positions on the site and Users and/or Customers, and resultantly, the Company, can not be held responsible for the third party provision of services, information on their website or shown on ours or their advertisements. Therefore, our job information and online course tools are exclusively informative, so that the Users can consult them.
- Furthermore, the User and/or Customer expressly exempts the Company and among others, its service providers, or business partners from any liability arising from checking and applying to job alerts or online courses, as well as the possible unlawfulness of said information, access of third parties to their information and infringement of third parties’ rights regarding the created Documents desired.
Likewise, please be aware that the Company will not be held responsible if:
- If you provide Us with a third party’s personal data without their prior express consent, such as when creating a CV for a third person.
- If you provide Us with the personal data of a minor and you are not his/her parent and/or legal guardian and/or that you have not obtained the authorization of his/her parents or legal guardians to communicate the minor’s personal data with us.
- If you are a minor and you have included and/or provided your personal data to this Website or have communicated it to a third party’s and/or employer’s website(s) without the prior express written consent of your parents or legal guardians.
The User and/or Customer will respond to the Company and/or to corresponding third parties for any damages that could be caused as a result of the breach of his/her commitments and/or obligations set for in the present Terms and Conditions.
We have 24/7 multilingual Customer Service to facilitate communication between you and our Company. Our Customer Service will take care of your inquiries, suggestions, complaints, and/or claims regarding the services we offer through this Website, and where appropriate, managing the cancellation requests received.
You can contact our Customer Service team via the following means: firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Contact Form.
Be aware, we carefully process each individual question/email, so we will respond to you in the shortest time frame possible and, in any case, within the deadline established by the applicable laws and regulations.
Applicable Legislation and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the currently applicable Spanish laws and regulations.
In the case of controversy or disagreement between the Customer and the Company arising from these Terms and Conditions, both parties agree to submit their resolution, at their free choice and expressly waiving any other jurisdiction to which they may be entitled, to the competent Courts and Tribunals of the place of residence of the Customer.
The nullity, total or partial, of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, will not affect the validity of the other provisions.
The non-exercise by the Company of any right provided or derived from these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed, under any circumstances, as a waiver of said right, unless expressly and in writing waived by our Company or legal prescription of the action, that in each case corresponds to the applicable current legislation.